I have 5 different types of dolls. American Girl Dolls, Gotz, Hearts 4 Hearts Girls, Bitty Babies and Alexander Girlz. Please don't disaprove of my pros and cons. Their simply my opinion and you are free to disagree, but I honestly don't want to hear it. ;) P.S. These poor dolls have lost their dignity when they took their clothes off, so please have respect. hehe ;)
1. American Girl Dolls / Pleasant Company
American Girl Dolls: 18 inches
Place to buy new: AG Store or Online
1. Hair is silky and the best quality.
2. Body is sturdy and stuffed tightly so no squishy spots.
3. Their vinyl is sturdy and not squeezeable (unless put to extreme heat).
4. If not rough housed with, their legs stay tight.
5. Beautifully and realisticly designed faces.
1. Very expensive and over the last 3 years, AG have raised the price by 5 dollars yearly. The current (2012) price is $105.
2. If rough housed with, it is hard to re-string your dolls legs and if you want them to be done by the doll hospital it could cost you a lot.
3. Their prone to get marks on their vinyl.
Tags and Marks:
P.S. Any doll made after 2011 have a longer tag and any doll that is with Pleasant Company will have one, short tag. The marks on the back of their necks vary between Pleasant Company and American Girl.
2. Gotz Little Sister
Gotz Little Sisters: 181/2 inches
Places to buy new: eBay, Craig's List etc.
1. Great quality hair.
2. Cute, Bitty Baby like face.
3. Vinyl is also very sturdy unless put to heat.
4. She is built exactly like an American Girl Doll, so it's easier for restringing etc.
5. She can fit into almost anything AG.
1. Her body needs more stuffing so she tends to have standing problems and pigeon toes.
2. I don't know why, but she when she stands she tends to have a hunchback look.
3. She is retired so she is harder to find on the market. I got my Tess for around the cost of an AG on eBay. I suggest eBay or Craig's List.
Tags and Marks:
3. Alexander Girlz
Alexander Girlz: 19 inches
Places to buy new: Costco
1. Pretty faces.
2. She has a posable head which is good for photos.
3. Her chest is plastic so it looks more realistic with dresses and sleeveless shirts.
4. She is only around 30 dollars so if something were to happen you would have put a huge investment in her.
5. She can fit most AG shoes and shirts.
1. Her hair is horrible quality and comes in tangles. If you plan on having this doll a while, you better have a wig on hand.
2. Her limbs can become loose very quickly so handle with care because they cannot be restrung like AG and Gotz due to her chest.
3. She does not have much stuffing in her stomach so AG pants have a tendancy to fall down.
Tags and Marks:
|(If you haven't guessed, shes on an Operation game box)|
4. Hearts 4 Hearts Girls
(Her hair is usually really nice and down, but I have left her hair in french braids for a month or two so it kind of went where it wanted) :)
Hearts 4 Hearts Girls: 14 inches
Places to buy new: Target, Wal-Mart, Toys-r-Us etc.
1. She has plastic body so she looks better in certain clothes.
2. She has the best rooted hair I've seen.
3. Gorgeous faces with perfect details.
4. Only 30 dollars per doll.
1. She can't be re-strung.
2. She has bald spots.
I did have a few more photos, but I deleted them after I thought Blogger posted it, so sadly this is the end. ;) I hope you enjoyed my comarison post! The next post up should be my (long, long, long awaited) doll room tour! Hooray!!